SOTOZEN-NET > Practice > Food as Practice > Recipes > Mango okayu
Ingredients (serves 2)
Pinch of salt
One mango (100g)
- Wash the rice until the water is clear, changing the water several times.
- Place the rice in a pot, add the water, and let it soak for 15 minutes.
- Wash the mango well, peel it, and remove the pit. Cut the peel finely, or else grind it into a paste. Cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the salt and the chopped mango peel to the rice. Heat it to boiling, then lower the heat and cook for
about 25 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Add the mango pieces to the okayu, cover it, and let it steam for about 10 minutes.
Recipe (PDF 162KB)